WEB WHISKY WEEKEND 6
A weekend getaway for people who enjoy fine whisky, amazing food, and great conversation.
LAKE LANIER, GA // OCTOBER 8-11, 2020
For the 6th year in a row - designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and investors come to a resort style lake estate for a weekend of relaxation in the company of smart people.
Everyone knows the best part of any conference is seeing friends you normally only see online, meeting new people, and all the conversations that happen over food and drink.
Web Whisky Weekend is just that part. No badges. No sessions. No bullshit. Just a group of like-minded people getting together to talk about the Web and enjoy some tasty brown liquids.
Imagine a resort style villa on a lake in the North Georgia mountains for a weekend to hang out, talk about the web, and enjoy some good whisky. Everyone brings a bottle or two (or more) of something to share. There are typically over 100 unique bottles to sample and savor.
It's one helluva weekend.
A few dozen interesting people…
Over 100 unique bottles of whisky…
3 nights of luxury accomodations…
3 chef-prepared meals a day…
One fantastic weekend.
We've rented a stunning 12,000 sq.ft. resort on 5 acres of land on Lake Lanier.
- Sleeping arrangements for 45 people
- Two separate cabins with kitchens
- 16 seat home theater
- Swimming pool with separate pool house
- Hot tub for 6
- Massive fire pit with seating for 20
- Full size beach volleyball court
- Other games like tether ball, corn hole, croquet, small basketball court, and frisbee golf targets (bring your own discs).
- So much more...
45 of your Closest Friends
And plenty of room to relax
Epic Food and Drinks
Over 100 Unique Bottles of Whisky
You read that correctly. We have a better whisky selection than most bars and restaurants. So many, in fact, that we had to build an app to track our tasting notes. From limited release Kentucky bourbon to rare small-batch Scotch, there's something for every palette and to go with every meal.
We also stock a supply of wine, beer, spirits, and mixers. You'll find something tasty. Guaranteed.
The food doesn't suck, either.
Your reservation includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on all three nights. We'll have options for carnivores and vegetarians alike. It's all family style and better than most restaurants.
Expect steak and salmon dinners and healthy hearty breakfasts prepared by a former chef. Special diets will be accommodated. We can also hit up a local grocer to stock up on goodies for the weekend so you can pick up whatever what you want to have handy.
Some of Last Year's Whisky List
- Weller Antique 107
- Monday Night Single Malt
- Willett Pot Still Reserve
- High West Bourye
- Four Roses 12 year
- High West Rendevouz Rye
- Balviene DoubleWood 12
- Talisker Storm
- Weller 7 year
- Amador Double Barrel
- Pendleton 1910 Rye
Tamdhu Speyside Sherry Cask (Batch 001)
Nikka 17 Single Malt
- Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year
- Spirit Works Straight Rye Cask Strength (Cask Club hand selected)
- Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery 1816 Reserve
- Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery 1816 Cask
- Middleton Rare
- Hillrock Estate Solera Aged Bourbon
- Scapa 16
- Clyde May's 92
- ASW Fiddler Georgia Heartwood
- Monkey Shoulder
- Glenlivet Nadura
- Mackinlay's Rare Old Highland Malt (Shackleton)
- Brenne French Single Malt Whisky
- James E Pepper 1776 Rye
- Widow Jane Rye Mash, Oak & Applewood-Aged Whiskey
- Angel's Envy Finished Rye
- Glenmorangie Lasanta
- Angel's Envy Bourbon
- Bowman Brothers Single Barrel
- Evan Williams Single Barrel 2009
- Balvenie 30 Yr
- Glenrothes Sherry Cask
- Glenrothes Bourbon Cask
- Glenrothes Port Cask
- Teeling's Brabazon
- Talisker Dark Storm
Last Year's Food Menu
- Pulled pork tacos with jalapeño cabbage slaw, Thai basil
- Black beans and rice
- Salted bourbon chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches
- Eggs Sardou (english muffin, crag cake, sautéed spinach, creolaise)
- Raisin pecan cinnamon rolls
- Antipasta, Charcuterie, and Caprese salad
- Piemonte pasta and tomato gravy
- Tri-color Salad
- Freestyle wood-fired pizzas
- Flourless chocolate cake with bourbon cream
- Hoy's Smoking Situation Bacon
- "Rich People Eggs"
- Scones: apple maple pecan; herb & cheese; blueberry lemon
- Steak with XO sauce
- BBQ Steelhead with grits
- Bones Salad
- Creamed spinach
- Mexican street corn
- Steamed broccoli
- Apple whiskey bread pudding with hard bourbon sauce
- J's famous migas tacos
Travel and Transportation
The resort is on Lake Lanier, about 45 minutes north-east of downtown Atlanta.Live near Atlanta? Sweet. Drive on up, there's plenty of parking. It's an easy drive from just about everywhere in the metro-area. We'll send directions via email once you reserve your spot.
Coming from out of town?
You can fly into Hartsfield-Jackson International (ATL). We will help arrange transport from the airport to the house and back again. Just let us know your itinerary after you register.